1. You must have S-PLUS 6.2 or later installed on your system to use AMDAS 4.1S6.2.
2. The AMDAS software comes as a zip file named AMDAS416install.zip. Copy this file to a temporary location on your system and unzip the contents.
3. Double-click the file named "setup.exe". This presents you with a sequence of dialog boxes as follows:
* Installation Dialog 1: Welcome
"Welcome to the setup wizard for Ambient Monitoring Data Analysis System (AMDAS) Version 4.1S6.2"
(Press Next> )
* Installation Dialog 2: Setup type
"Choose a setup type that's right for you"
(Choose "Complete" - there are no special options available under "Custom")
* Installation Dialog 3: Install folder
"Choose an installation folder"
(The folder AMDAS416 is highlighted. Keep this and press Next> )
* Installation Dialog 4: Confirm S_HOME folder
"Confirm the folder for the S-PLUS S_HOME"
(For most users of the stand-alone edition of S-PLUS 6.2, the highlighted entry that appears will be the proper location of the S-PLUS program files on your computer - this will typically be something like:
If this is not the case, use the "Browse" button to locate the appropriate folder and then press Next. For users of the Network Edition of S-PLUS 6.2, the highlighted entry that appears may point to the location of S-PLUS on the server.
**In most cases, Network Edition users will want to change this (by using the "Browse" button) to the folder on your local machine that contains the full installation of the S-PLUS 6.2 Network Client - this will typically be something like:
* Installation Dialog 5: Select Start Menu Folder
"Choose a start menu program folder for shortcuts
(The folder AMDAS Version 4.1S6.2 is highlighted. Keep this and press Next> )
* Installation Dialog 6: Ready to install
Review options and press Finish.